Young children in today’s digital age have phones thus screens have become an ubiquitous part of their lives. From smartphones and tablets to laptops and televisions, screens are everywhere. While they can be a source of entertainment and education, excessive screen time can have negative effects on young children. In this blog, we will explore the impact of screen time on young children, how it affects them, and how parents can prevent and control screen time .
What is Screen Time?
Screen time refers to the amount of time spent using digital devices with screens, such as smartphones, tablets, computers, and televisions. Screen time can include a range of activities, such as watching videos, playing games, browsing social media, or doing homework
How Screen Time Affects Young Children;
Excessive screen time can have a negative impact on young children’s physical, mental, and social development. Here are some of the ways in which screen time can affect young children;
- Delayed Development: Excessive screen time can lead to delayed development in young children, particularly in the areas of language, social skills, and cognitive development
- Lack of Physical Activity: Children who spend more time on screens are less l
- Behavioural Problems: Excessive screen time has been linked to behavioural problems in young children, including hyperactivity, attention issues, and aggression
- Poor Social Skills: Excessive screen time can reduce young children’s opportunities for face-to-face social interaction, which can lead to poor social skills and difficulty in building relationships
- Eye Strain: Prolonged screen time can cause eye strain, dryness, and discomfort, leading to vision problems.
- Delayed language development: Children who spend a lot of time in front of screens may have delayed language development, as they miss out on important interactions with caregivers and other adults.
- Vision problems: Too much screen time can cause eye strain and other vision problems, including nearsightedness.
- Addiction: Excessive screen time can lead to addiction-like behaviors, including difficulty controlling screen use and withdrawal symptoms when screens are not available.
- Increased risk of cyberbullying: Children who spend a lot of time on social media or online gaming platforms are at a higher risk of cyberbullying, which can have serious negative effects on their mental health and well-being.
Check our other blog Internet Safety for children
- Elimutab is a device that can help parents ensure their children can control their screen time. It allows parents to monitor their children’s online activity, set time limits for internet use, and even block access to inappropriate content. Elimutab is easy to use, and it’s an excellent solution for parents who want to ensure their children are safe online and have screen time limit.
- click here for more information on elimutab
- +254111040930 / +254111040910