Check our other blog The Power of App Blocking: How to Keep Kids Safe and Focused Online
- Set Limits: It’s important for parents to set limits on the amount of screen time their children are allowed to have. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children aged 2-5 should have no more than one hour of screen time per day, while children aged 6 and older should have consistent limits on the amount of screen time they have each day
- Create a screen-free zone: Designate certain areas of your home as screen-free zones, such as the dinner table or bedrooms.
- Monitor content: Ensure that your child is only accessing age-appropriate and safe content on their devices.
- Encourage physical activity: Encourage your child to engage in physical activities such as outdoor play, sports, or exercise instead of screen time.
- Provide alternative activities: Provide alternative activities that your child can do instead of being on a screen, such as reading, playing board games, or drawing.
- Use parental controls: Set up parental controls on devices to limit access to inappropriate content and monitor screen time.
- Model healthy screen use: Model healthy screen use yourself by limiting your own screen time and prioritizing other activities.
- Set clear boundaries: Be clear about when screens are allowed and when they are not, such as during meal times or before bedtime.
- Encourage social interaction: Encourage your child to interact with family and friends face-to-face instead of spending time on screens.
- Be consistent: Consistently enforce screen time rules and consequences, and monitor your child’s compliance
Elimutab is a highly recommended solution to Excessive Screen Time
Elimutab is a device that allows parents to control their children’s screen time in a simple and effective way.These ways include;
- Time Limits: Elimutab allows you to set daily or weekly time limits on your child’s screen time
- App Control: Elimutab allows you to block specific apps or limit the time spent on certain apps
- Usage History: Elimutab allows you to track your child’s screen time usage history and identify patterns of behaviour
In conclusion, excessive screen time can have a negative impact on young children’s development. Parents can prevent and control excessive screen time by setting limits, encouraging alternative activities, creating screen-free zones, modelling good behaviour, and using technology to control screen time. By taking a proactive approach to screen time, parents can help their children develop healthy habits and avoid the negative impacts of excessive screen time .Elimutab is a great solution for parents who want to ensure that their children are not spending too much time in front of screens.
click here for more information on Elimutab
- +254111040930 / +254111040910